Pressure washing your home is a great way to give your house a quick facelift and to enhance the look of the house. After time your house can gather dirt and algae which decreases the appearance of your home. Power washing provides a convenient way to clean not only your house, but your deck and concrete as well.
Concrete pressure washing is one of the most called upon services that customers request. Oils and often algae ruin the look of the concrete and if left neglected the problem can get worse.
Regular deck pressure washing is important to retain the look of your deck and lengthen the life. What you may not know is that if you don’t pressure wash the area carefully, you may end up carving into your wood deck!
When deck pressure washing you only need 1500 PSI, but even with that force you can cause damage to soft wood if you don’t control the power washing machine correctly. The cleaning agent you use will work to remove most of the dirt.
Tips for Pressure Washing Your Deck:
- Engage the trigger away from the surface.
- Use a 40’ to 60’ tip size of stream to clean the deck. The water that comes out of the tip of the hose is called a fan and the angle is measured in degrees.
- Use a sweeping motion starting with the edge where the deck meets the house and sweep out.
- Constantly move the pressure washer and never stop at one section otherwise you may dig into the wood.
Tips to Pressure Wash a House
- Begin with the detergent nozzle, then use the rotating brush and finally end with the 45 degree nozzle to rinse.
- Keep a distance of approximately 3-4 feet away from the house.
- Spray horizontally and start from the bottom and work your way up.
- When rinsing the cleaning agent off, do the opposite and start at the top and work your way to the bottom.
- Never climb a ladder to reach the high points of the house because the recoil of the water as it comes out may push you off.
- Use goggles to protect your eyes and water proof clothing so that you don’t get soaked.
- Get a feel for the pressure washer by sweeping the floor a bit before turning the hose to the house.
Tips on Concrete Pressure Washing
- Use a power washer with at least 3,000 PSI.
- Use a rotary nozzle versus a fan nozzle because it will flow at a higher speed.
- Be careful with what cleaning agents you use since cities typically have codes restricting water run-off from entering storm sewers.
- Allow the cleaning agent to sit for at least 15 minutes before rinsing.
- Use cleaners that contain oxalic acid like CLR for removing rust.
Pressure washing can be a slow process depending on how dirty the surface you’re cleaning is. If you don’t have the time to dedicate to it look into power washing services in an area near you.
We are the #1 los angeles pressure washing company called upon for concrete pressure washing, deck pressure washing, and to pressure wash a house. We have been cleaning surfaces all over Los Angeles County for over 12 years, give us a chance you will not regret it. For service and more information please contact us at: 800.742.3585